1 month of biking

Passed the theory test today, despite scoring zero on a hazard perception video!  There are 14 of these clips and the earlier you flag the potential hazard, the more you score (with the maximum being 5).  I was more than a little surprised about this 'cos I'm just ace at driving and riding things, and I've hardly died at all during the past 26 years on the road.  I've been thinking about it all day and I reckon it was the one featuring a sharp right turn onto a humpback bridge; it was such an obvious hazard I don't think I even flagged it, and was looking for an oncoming vehicle or suchlike.  I got all the questions correct though, thanks to the DSA official guide book I borrowed off Rob, it's mostly common sense but there are some questions on very basic first aid and bike maintenance which could catch you out.

The test centre staff were VERY ODD.  They were all in their 60s and were behaving like school teachers with a lot of unruly children; all the candidates had an expression that suggested being annoyed, baffled, and amused at the same time.  It was like something from the League of Gentlemen.

With this out of the way, I've booked a DAS course for the end of next week.  It's at Thruxton race circuit, so it's clearly only for very fast people like myself.  I don't think anything of doing 67mph on the YBR, I'm just speed crazy.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio