Paying for torture

Raf and I went to Six Flags last night, it's a chain of theme parks across the USA.  It's good, technically better roller coasters than those at Alton Towers, but the themeing, landscaping and general feel of the place is quite slapdash.
It was a halloween night, so there were plenty of roaming zombies with chainsaws scaring people (so a lot like Kings Lynn)

First we went on a wooden coaster built in 1917, which was as rough as you'd expect.  Next it was the 208' high Superman, the first hypercoaster I've been on... intense.  Lot of negative-G's, and a very long ride.  Then Batwing, the photo above.  If I'd seen this in daylight I doubt I'd have gone on it, it was the most extreme ride I've ever been on.  You sit in the car backwards, then the seats recline so you're laying on your back, and then... I don't know, I couldn't tell what was up or down beyond the first twist.  All I know is I was flung about and felt very, very ill afterwards.  Raf went on to do the Jokers Jinx and Mind Eraser, both extreme steel coasters, but that was it for me.  We're supposed to be going to Kings Dominion on Sunday, will I hold onto my dinner?
Finally, here's the server room we're working on... minus the actual server room, which still isn't ready.  Office goes live next Friday, there's no links, and I spend 90% of my time harrassing Verizon employess to do the job we've actually paid them for.  Americans - do some work!

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio