Still on holiday

I went to the new air and space museum near Dulles airport today 
SR71 Blackbird; it was my favourite plane when I was a kid, 2200mph!
Talk to me, Goose! 
Every aircraft museum seems to have a Concorde now.  I liked the 707 prototype in the foreground better.
It's a shuttle!
shame it's only Enterprise, which was launched from the top of a Boeing 747 for flight testing and never saw space.  Still impressive though, it's bloody enormous.
Cabbage soup, in a tube; Soviet space grub.
128K computer, $1.9M in the late '60s
and finally the mothership from Close Encounters of the Third Kind
it's got a number of objects added which you couldn't see in the film, including a submarine, WW2 aircraft and R2D2

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio