New bike time

Disregard everything I said earlier about wanting a Fireblade in Repsol colours, 'cos I've bought this:



2007 CBR600RR!  Traded in the Triumph for it.

First impression: smooth.  I had to navigate Salisbury town centre on the test ride, which I don't know at all, so I was surprised how civilised it was - excellent pull from low RPM, firm but well-damped suspension, nice gearbox.  Useless mirrors.  Out on the open road, I initially thought the rev counter was under-reading - I'd get to about 8000 RPM and think surely this must actually be nearer 15K?  So I left it in 2nd, gave it full throttle and headed for the red line... at 13K and quite a lot of MPHs, I ran out of courage.  

I've been riding about most of the day, trying to get used to the very sporty riding position - it's bloody murder after about 30 mins, to be honest.  But the handling and poise... they're worth the pain!  And it's speedy, of course - not kick-up-the-arse fast, rather it piles the speed on smoothly.  

And it's loud.  You know when you're sitting in the garden on a sunny day, and hear a howling motorbike far in the distance, and think "what a bloody lunatic"?  It's one of those bikes.  That said, it does make all that noise at quite legal speeds too, so kittens are not necessarily being harmed by the nasty motorbike.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio