Bollocks

I'd like to claim this is the result of some heroic riding where I pushed a little too hard, but it's not - I ran into the back of my friend's BMW S1000RR approaching a junction..  I wrongly assumed he was going... classic lack of observation.

I knocked him off, but nobody was hurt.  I've offered to pay for his repairs rather than the grief for both parties of using insurance.  He was very understanding, and we shook hands afterwards.

I've already ordered my parts as I need it for California Superbike school in a couple of weeks. I need the top fairing panel, the support bit underneath, and a clutch cable.  Side fairing has a neat hole which I think will repair.  Left headlamp had a broken mounting tab which I've superglued, some scratching of the lens too but it'll last until the next MOT.  £150 in total, BMW parts likely to be 10x that.  There goes my bike budget for some considerable time...

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio