Scooter Power

Collected the ZZR yesterday without any problems, the weather even stayed dry.  Done quite a few miles on it already, covering all my favourite routes and getting the feel of it's strengths and weaknesses.  So far:

  • Very well sorted suspension
  • Massive brakes
  • Utterly stable
  • Quality feel
  • Deffo sports-tourer rather than sportsbike; it's heavy and that becomes apparent when making swift direction changes, or braking heavily (those forks really dive).
  • Not all-day comfortable - my lower back complains after about 90 mins.
  • Surprisingly decent on fuel (40+ MPG)

Then there is the issue of speed... for now, leaving it in 3rd gear is working for me.  It'll easily pull less than 20mph in town, gives massive overtaking power on A and B roads, provides considerable engine braking, and the noise ensures I remain aware of how fast I'm going.

Overall, I'd describe it as a big friendly bear.  It's large, and it'll rip your arms out of your sockets if you provoke it, but it's completely usable and amiable if you respect it.  Given my track record I'll fall out of love with it eventually, but I don't have a clue what I'd replace it with.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio