That's no moon...

I've done a deal on a Kawasaki ZZR1400 today, which I've already nicknamed the Death Star as it's huge, stupidly powerful and very frightening.
I gave it a good thrash during the test ride, hitting almost 50mph at one point (that's as much as I dared within central Swindon, in the pouring rain, with a 200 BHP bike with a £2000 insurance excess).  It was so agile and eager compared to the Blackbird; the gearbox is extremely slick, the brakes are phenomenal, and it was immediately more comfortable.  And of course performance is... erm... let's say sparkling.

Other options were the BMW K1200S (rejected as only early models are within budget, which are prone to expensive faults), VFR 1200 (probably a good fit but I can't abide it's looks), and Hayabusa (I don't like the attention they draw, nor most of the colour schemes).

Picking it up Saturday, as this Death Star needs a front tyre, service and MOT before it's fully operational.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio