Adventuring

Rode the GS all the way through Yengo national park today, in a big loop.  It was one of my best rides ever; in fact it was a Top 10 lifetime experience.

Here I am, racing a car AND a train towards the Sydney harbour bridge.  I've been over this 4 times today thanks to my poor navigation - at $3 a go.

Oooh, some mountains.  Little ones, anyway.  This camera position isn't very good, but it was the best I could do.
I don't know what those creatures are, but they look cute.  I didn't see any though, nor any kangaroos despite several warning signs.  Disappointing.
Having a little rest - not too close to any houses, as I saw rednecks gawping at me as if they'd never seen a motorbike before.  Didn't want any Australian Deliverance shenanigans kicking off.
This was the only vehicle I overtook (outside the city).  The road was so quiet I only encountered 2 vehicles going my way in around 70 miles.
Interesting mailboxes.  I didn't stop much for photos as the temp was around 35C.  I've got a helmet with lots of vents and a mesh jacket, but you have to keep moving to keep it bearable.

I like the GS a lot, but not the engine.  It'd be fine in a garden tractor, or leaf blower, but it's rather breathless and coarse.  The bike itself is a bit unwieldy too, but there's no doubting it's comfort, I've had about 8 hours in the saddle today.  It handles too, it was keeping up with a Speed Triple along the super-twisty Old Pacific Highway (a road as good as the A483 in Wales).

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio