Winter's coming!

My old Heine Gericke Boost 2 jacket is sadly no longer waterproof, despite 2 dips in Nikwax TX Direct.  It's 4 years old and has done a lot of miles, so I'm not upset - I'd probably buy another if they hadn't gone bust.  It's replacement is an Alpinestars Andes:

I've only worn it around the house so far, and I regret to inform you that the waterproof membrane and armour have provided precious little protection from insults from family members about how fat/bald I am.  Hopefully it'll fare better against rain/Vauxhall Vectras.

I've also bought a Forcefield back protector seeing as trackday shenanigans are becoming more regular.  No, it doesn't protect against kicks up the arse - ask me how I know.

Also... fed up with the MX5.  I used it yesterday as there was huge rain going down, and it was horrible.  It's noisy (more so than a bike with ear plugs), the footwell filled with water, the clutch is heavy... basically I want a big soft luxury car instead.  I'm talking 20-year-old Volvo 850 here, something disposable if it goes pop.  But what to do with the Mazda? It's like an old pet which has become sickly.


Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio