Rust Busting

After wasting most of the Xmas break stuffing myself with crisps and watching rubbish TV, I've at last taken a serious stab at all the work required before the 5 goes back on the road (March is my aim).

I've cleaned up and repainted the rear subframe, this was a horrible and time consuming job not helped by me spilling half a tin of Hammerite on the floor. I've removed the spring/shock from one side, this gave better access and let me check the condition of the wishbone bushes. They all look fine, which saves me the dilemma of having to choose between standard or poly bushes.

Huge doses of WD40 are ensuring no more bolts or threads are shearing when I'm removing stuff, but most of the hardware is too rusted to consider putting back. I'm going to order a load of new galvanised ones from Namrick.

I've also cut the hole in the bumper for the additional exhaust. It was a sod of a job and I wrecked about 5 hacksaw blades in the process, was tempted to use TNT.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio