Shot Suspension

It wasn't until I disassembled the OSR strut that I realised how truly knackered it was. Yes, it looks awful but then it would after a few years under the car, but it was butter-soft in comparison to the new Koni and took almost a minute to recover from being fully depressed. I've not fitted the new one yet, the top shock mount needs to be drilled out from 10mm to 12, but neither of my drills can accomodate a drill bit that wide. Never bloody easy, is it?



The rear subframe is looking good enough to eat with it's new coat of Smoothrite. Lick it, go on, you know you want to! I've learnt not to attempt cleaning brushes after using Hammerite, it's easier just to use cheapo disposable brushes.
I got my 500-piece mixed bag of nuts and bolt from Namrick today, good value at £21 delivered. Sorting them out wasn't much fun though, and I need 6 more bolts to replace the rusted droplink ones. Arse.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio