Top 3 Boring Tasks for the Weekend

1: Watching Lewis Hamilton throwing it away again around some race track.
2: Sawing relief cuts into a cast-iron Greddy exhaust manifold, with a junior hacksaw.
3: Bolting said manifold onto car and watching it crack again very shortly afterwards.

The Fireseal only held for a matter of hours... I may try one final attempt at bodging it before giving up and buying a new one from the US (only $40 shipping, apparently). Strangely, the car was noticeably slower minus the crack, I only started to suspect something was up when it started going quickity-quick again.

I've been doing some data loggging with the LC-1 too, I reckon there's headroom for a touch more boost. I've found an immediate advantage by removing the foam air filter from the HKS and securing a pair of tights (yoinked from Mrs B's drawer) over the top instead! It's clean to 7000rpm now, previously it would go off a bit around 6200.

I am the flying panty thief!

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio