Broken again...

...but fixed once more. On the way to Goodwood I noticed a rasp from the exhaust manifold AGAIN, and this time one of the studs for the turbo had sheared off. I dumped it back on the drive and ignored it for a couple of days, thoroughly bored of these constant problems.

I couldn't get the stud out but Mrs B took it to my new favourite garage (I don't even know it's name but it's underneath the Basingstoke snooker hall), and they did it for £5. I suspect she received an 'ample bosom' discount - I had to cough up £20 to get an 02 bung welded onto the exhaust. It's all back together now, and I even fitted a new cam cover gasket too because it's been leaking all over the drive like a B***ARD!

Off to see Adrian in Bristol at the weekend, which may result in me bringing home a Hillman Imp with rusted sills. I just happen to be starting a welding course in September, how very convenient!

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio