Wheels-in-Motion

Went to Wheels-in-Motion in Chesham today for a 4-wheel alignment. He has a very impressive £30K computerised machine for doing this, with IR cameras on long arms; it looked not unlike something from a Terminator film. And he really knows his stuff, this is a million miles from Kwik-Fit. My suspension was so far out it was funny! I went for a fast-road setup with zero understeer, and he warned me to be careful at first because it would feel like a different car.

And he wasn't wrong. I cannot believe the difference! I knew it wasn't right beforehand, but now it's just... delicious. £99 well spent.

Naturally, other problems have appeared. The battery has broken free, and dented the inside of the quarter panel. There is an exhaust leak somewhere, giving an annoying little rasp. The air filter is banging against the wiper motor. The handbrake is bugger-all use again. Will I have time to fix all of this, the squeaky brakes on Billy Berlingo and watch Lewis Hamilton do something silly in the GP tomorrow? Time will tell.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio