Papa Oversteer

I've had a lot of irritating little problems develop over the weekend; the air filter banging on the bulkhead, the handbrake becoming totally ineffective again, a raspy exhaust leak and worst of all, lumpy running at speed. The latter scared me, especially as this was the first time I'd driven the car hard in hot weather with the boost turned up, so I pulled the timing back 4 degrees. Didn't help, car felt worse, poor idle too.


Today I decided to put the timing back, and discovered not only that I'd forgotten to take the bridging wire out of the diagnostic socket when setting the timing yesterday (which buggered up the idle), but one of my fancy aerotight nuts on the turbo was loose - hence the raspy noise and poor running! I fixed the other problems too, and once more it's back to 100% operational. How long this lasts is anyone's guess.


I went out for a test run on my favourite bendy road later... the understeer monkey has gone now, but Papa Oversteer almost made me his unwilling bride.


Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio