Bovington Track Day

Had to leave the house at 6am for this... on a Sunday! Outrageous. Anyway, it was pretty good and I did enjoy it, but there were some problems that spoilt it to a degree. First, bloody great lumps of concrete all around the track, some of them even on it (though those areas where coned off). There was very little space to make mistakes. Second, it rained late morning and didn't let up all day, and although there was a surprising amount of grip for a concrete surface it didn't do my confidence any good. And finally, there were a few muppets on the track, possibly frustrated by having to queue to get on track and then being slowed by regular yellow flags.


I had 4 big incidents (I wished for an ejector seat when I started to lose it at 70mph on a wet bend), but car and driver survived unscathed. This wasn't the case for others, with another M3 wrecked along with this MX5, which rolled. There were a few lesser incidents too, nobody hurt but I'm not sure I'll be up for this one next year.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio