I love Rams

Had to trip to Norfolk this weekend, and drove this big dinosaur. Like Star Trek, I thought it would be rubbish but again it was FREAKING AWESOME! Look at it shifting some wood, how very manly! I loved it, it made me feel like a little kid and I would dearly like it, but the fuel costs would just be ruinous. MonkeyBoy loved it too, and normally he has no interest in motors. The Berlingo felt like a cereal box in comparison.

Norfolk was en-route to Scunthorpe, where I bought a set of 15" Enkei wheels for the Mazda. One of them is a little more battered than advertised, but appears straight. They're white so I'll need to paint 'em and get some R888 or R1R rubber on 'em, hopefully in time for Cadwell Park.

I've removed the AFM from the Mazda, and fitted the IAT sensor (using JB Weld bodging paste). Had some trouble with the fuel pump. You need to tap the purple wire from the Megasquirt to the green wire on the fuel pump relay, I used a scotchlock which didn't penetrate the insulation... hence no pump. I've also fitted the 320cc injectors (easy job, just had to use the fuel calculator in Megatune and it was idling within minutes), and now I've upped the boost... I don't know what to, there's no time to look at the boost gauge any longer. Needs more tuning, but it's good. Top radiator hose has a small hole which has been hindering progress, gaffer tape is holding for now.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio