Cadwell Park

The car wasn't ready until 8pm the night beforehand, but I made it and it was another excellent day. It's certainly the most scenic track I've driven, with lots of elevation changes and sharp turns. This meant my horsepower advantage was less useful, and I had to let those on semi-slicks through! The indignity! I had a good go though, scuffing up the tyres very nicely and getting held up by RX7/8s.

The day before I'd had to replace ALL of the brake calipers. When I went to fit the new pads, one of the rears was leaking, and the other had a torn dust seal with a heavily rusted piston nestling inside... and the auto-adjuster was nothing more than metal swarf. I got them from a nearby factor and quite a bit cheaper than MX5Parts, but one of them was lost en-route from another branch and I had to go to Portsmouth to get the replacement. That poxy Halfords caliper paint is RUBBISH too, check out the photo above; that was after 4 laps.


Every track day has a victim. There was no M3 present on this occasion, so a MX5 had to fill in. Every corner was bent, it looked terminal but the guy wasn't hurt. My car lost a manifold/turbo stud (I thought it had sheared off), so I left at 3pm. Mr DB fixed it for me the following day, using upgraded Vectra studs. Yes, they're holding so far...

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio