Cylinder head refurbishment, part 4

Removed all the valves over the weekend.  I used my latest fancy tool for this, it's designed for Zetec engines which means it's good for getting onto recessed valve springs (a standard tool wouldn't reach).  I used a flat-blade screwdriver with magnetic end to pick out the collets, it was fairly straightforward work.

The inlet tract and valves are virtually spotless, perhaps Optimax does actually work.  There is evidence of at least 2 failed stem seals, but the valve seats are all fine.  Exhaust valves are a different story - most had a good covering of oil, and the seats need regrinding.  Valve guides seem OK - well, there's no play when I wiggle them.  anyway.  This is how they measure things at NASA, I'm sure.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio