Cylinder head refurbishment, part 8

I've wasted the best part of an hour looking for my poxy spark plug socket.  How could it disappear in a garage so small?  It's very frustrating because the motor is all back together and ready for testing.  I'm afraid I resorted to copious amounts of swearing but it didn't help.  I was also annoyed that I didn't torque the crank pulley bolt correctly first time, I used 100NM which is for the short-nose crank (the one with 6 slots in the crank pulley), for the later long-nose (8 slot pulley) it's actually 158NM.  It's right now, but it's a faff locking the crank.

7 days to Brands Hatch and it's still sitting on axle stands, still with it's knackered brakes and I don't even know if the engine will run.  Great.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio