Silver Dream Machine

Traded in the YBR against this earlier today...

No doubt I could have got it for a better price, but as soon as I set eyes on it I was WANT WANT WANT!  I'm like this when I buy cars too.  Still, better to be wildy enthusiastic about things than financially astute, eh?  It's a 2002 K2, with nearly 20K on the clock and FSH.  Apart from some cosmetic corrosion of the forks (which seems a common fault on these), it's in very nice condition.  I would have preferred a yellow one, but I  wanted the full fairing (the lower one was an option), and it was fairly local.

I came very, very close to dropping it as soon as I rode away, when I stalled turning right onto the main road.  In fact I've been mostly terrified of it all day, but have started to get the hang of it now.  I have to go out for short rides too, as the riding position and weight are forcing me to use muscles that never normally see action.  In fact it makes me feel like a big squashy sausage with no bones.

Naturally, it is STUPIDLY FAST.  It may only have 70-ish BHP, but it'll get to 60mph in less than 4 seconds, and 100 in about 7.  It doesn't seem to matter which of the 6 gears you use either, it's pretty much mental in all of them.  Staying under 40 requires constant attention.  I absolutely love it!

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio