Dr Maimboy's motor vehicle hospital

Roger was admitted to Hampshire's top vehicle bodgery hospital yesterday afternoon; his condition on arrival was SERIOUS:

My colleague, Mrs Maimboy, recommended immediate euthanasia to end his suffering.  When told how much I'd paid for him (£575), she recommended the same for me.

During the night, Roger's condition became CRITICAL when it appeared his radiator may have been damaged.  Although pattern radiators can be had from China for about £70, what sort of quality would it be?  Thankfully, come the morning he'd lost no more water and it seems to have been a false alarm and his condition was upgraded to STABLE.

Today, I've spent all day operating on him and it's been BRILLIANT FUN.  I've removed all of his irreparably damaged parts, which included the generator cover (holed and cracked right through), chain adjuster (which was mashed into the rear wheel, making it very difficult to turn), remains of the indicators, and a mangled bar-end.  I was hoping the front cowl stay could be bent back into shape, but alas not and another one will need to be sourced.

I've also repaired the gear lever linkage (seized), the sidestand (bent), and glued the front cowl back together with Q-Bond (which is bloody magic).  I also glued a ripped off lug back onto the side fairing.  This has still got a big chunk missing - not sure how I'm going to fix this yet.

I won a set of mirrors from eBay for £18 - from a guy in the next village!  Other parts to source are a screen, brake lever, indicators, chain adjuster (that'll have to be OEM), and probably a front mudguard (all of the mounting lugs have been smashed off it).  A pattern generator cover has been ordered (£33).

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio