Roger breathes at last

Roger started today!  I'm not sure what was wrong; I removed the fuel tank, disassembled the air box (finding a filthy filter inside), and checked the fuel pump was actually delivering pez to the carbs; all OK.  The plugs are recent, so unlikely to be at fault.  So I put it back together, gave it another try, and he started firing on 1, then 2, then 4.  This was a relief - I was starting to suspect the HISS immobiliser was borked, or the keys were missing the correct crystal dohicky (the original key was destroyed in the crash).  

Roger is a surprisingly quiet bike, I was kind of expecting more racket with it being a City Bike Racer (which is what CBR stands for, apparently).

I gave the busted-up front mudguard a haircut with a Dremel, it doesn't look quite so broken now.  I made up some support brackets with some aluminium, and used the same to fix the rear mudguard. Making stuff is extremely satisfying :)



Also found a place offering fairing brackets for £90.  Their website is a mess so I'll call them tomorrow to make sure they still offer them.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio