Barryboy

With the offside front suspension completed, it was time to turn the car around to start on the final corner, the near side front. Pushing it was going to be far too much effort, so I put it back together to drive it. Naturally, I couldn't resist a little ride to the end of the road, despite the lack of PAS (didn't reattach the pump)... the immediate impression is NOISE! I knew the exhaust and de-cat pipe would be louder, but it's a big rorty 60's sportscar noise and it's just awesome. I'm sure it would get pretty tiring on the motorway though, so I'm kind of glad the turbo will mute it.

Suspension on this side of the car definitely doesn't want to play ball. It took serious effort to break the taper on the upper balljoint, I even had Mrs B out there thumping it. I managed to get my pukka ball-joint seperator on it eventually and that did it, but wrecked the boot in the process. Now the bolt at the base of the strut is seized inside the bush, I've given it much WD40 and left it because it felt like it was going to shear. Will it come out tomorrow without a fight?

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio