Suspension Finished

It was almost Summer today so I moved the car outside... I'm sorry, a small black animal has just come into the room and has used my new issue of Practical Classics magazine as a toilet.

Anyway, I had a big session today and finished off all the suspension jobs. The rubbish in the photo above is all the junk I've removed over the past few weeks (shocks, rusted springs and all the aircon have already gone to the recycling centre), and the car now sits on fully refurbished suspension with adjustable Koni Sport shocks and springs. I've set the spring perches to the middle of the 3 available settings, which sits the car about 35mm lower, and have initially set the firmness to 2 rotations from softest.

This lowness creates a new problem; my trolley jack now can't lift the car high enough to put axle stands under it. I found a way using blocks of wood, but it was a bit precarious and could have landed me a Darwin award!

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio