Turbo Week - Day 1

I have this week off, so the plan is to have the car ready for MOT next weekend. The photo above is immediately before I started work; PAS pump has been moved out of the way, washer bottle moved in front of the radiator, and all mountings for the air filter/AFM/trunking removed.

I've been spraying the manifold nuts with WD40 regularly for the past 4 days, as well as the 3 nuts at the frontpipe. This made them very easy to remove (though one of the manifold studs did come out with the nut). Taking the front wheel off gave fairly good access to the frontpipe. I had to do away with the bracket that secures the frontpipe to the bellhousing, it prevents the Greddy kit being installed and stops the manifold from being removed. It was massively rusted, it looked like something from the Titanic; I had to hacksaw through it.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio