I AM SPEED

The car passed it's MOT today, so as it's finally legal I took Russ out for a blast this evening. We had fun, fun, fun, fun, fun until the boost went away... the trunking came off the throttle body with a loud POP when I was giving it a particularly savage caning. You have to test these things, don't you? Managed to struggle home though.

It's quickity-quick above 3500rpm, you have to keep the revs up though. The turbo is very loud, it's a good loud though and suggests the mother of all vacuum cleaners is getting angry under the bonnet. It's addictive stuff. It badly needs bypass valve, there's a surprising amount of compressor surge which causes a moment of hesitation when zooming up the gears. I don't want to pay £90 for some Barryboy chrome thing though, I'm going to try to find a Bosch one on a scrapyard (it's found on Saabs, Volvos, VW/Audi, etc). Then I'll have to find some way of bodging it on.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio