Megasquirt tuning, part 3

I've driven about 150 miles over the weekend, collecting data with Megatune and then using Megalog Viewer. I've used the VE analyzer function built into the latter, but frustratingly it kept wanting to make the entire map richer when it clearly didn't need it. Eventually I discovered the VE AFR Target field in Megatune (it's off by default with the MSPNP msq file), that was set for an AFR of 11.7 throughout. Once I'd changed that to more sensible values, things improved a great deal. It still has an uneven idle, but it runs very well in 'spirited' mode. Unfortunately it also shows the injectors are getting maxed out, so the 320cc ones will go in this week.

I'm taking it to work tomorrow! Yes, I've got my AA membership card with me.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio