Scenes from the 'Squirt Lounge

The Megasquirt was ready for collection on Thursday, and I only had to pay VAT and the Parcel Force fee, no import duty. I had Friday off (because I'm sick of work at the moment), so started off by building the Megastim (below). It's tricky stuff, if you've never soldered before this is not the place to start - the transistor sockets in particular are tiny. The online guide is very good though.
I've spent much of the past 3 days eating at pubs, restaurants, and a big BBQ today, but I've spent some hours in the squirt lounge and the MS power supply is complete and tested now. Annoyingly, the plastic nuts (which secure the large transistors) are missing from my kit though.

I've also bought a fancy racing hat for the upcoming track day at Bovington. I've never had one before so I had to go to the motor-bicycle showroom and try a load on. It seems I've got a funny shaped head but this one fitted perfectly, so despite being quite a bit more than I wanted to pay I took it. And it's very pretty too.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio