Megasquirt tuning, part 1

I set the timing yesterday, and today earthed the LC-1 wideband 02 sensor to the same spot as the Megasquirt - it's in the engine bay, beneath the washer bottle. I then reprogrammed the LC-1 output to wideband (by default, it emulates a narrowband), and I've now got what looks like a reliable AFR reading.

The car was starting and idling well, so it was time for more gentle tuning... except the fuel tank was almost completely empty! What a muppet! There was little option but to drive it to the petrol station, about a mile away... and it was FINE. I then got Mrs B to drive it a little while I meddled with the fuelling, using the Required Fuel calculator mostly. It ran weak when set for a target AFR of 14.7, but using 12.7 (as recommended by DIYautotune) fixed that. Idle drops to 500rpm after a run though, it soon returns to 800 but I don't know why it does this yet. I took it for a longer gentle run this evening and collected some data, don't now what to make of that yet either. Lovely pretty graph though.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio