Megasquirt, part 7

Installed the mods for fan and boost control this evening. Some of the connections comprise 2 component leads plus a wire, so they're not pretty joints. Plugged in the 'stim afterwards though and it does still seem to work. I made a hole in the case to mount the boost control transistor, there's no other space free. Now I'm working on understanding the wiring harness, I've got the fan on IAC2A, which comes out as pin 29 on the DB37 socket, and boost on IAC1B, pin 27. None of this matches the wiring diagram on miataturbo.net... oh, and the pre-built harness has the injector wires crossed, good job I tested that before fitting it.

Won't be any progress tomorrow, going to see Star Trek. Monkeyboy is coming too, he assures me it's purely for the popcorn though. Soon he will love the Trek though, it is his destiny.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio